City of Vincent is acting on climate change with its latest Built Form Policy. For most buildings there are now requirements to demonstrate sustainable design outcomes either through a Green Star Assessment or with calculated life cycle carbon and water reductions.
After a pilot program during which time RapidLCA was used to demonstrate the life cycle carbon and water reductions for residential buildings the City of Vincent Planning team now accepts RapidLCA assessments for low and medium density residential buildings.
About Rapid LCA
Why was RapidLCA created?
- The eTool business is passionate about the planet
- Life cycle design is an amazing tool for reducing environmental impacts cost effectively
- Demand was growing strongly and there was a gap in the market for residential buildings
- The potential is incredible, by applying life cycle design in your design it’s easy to achieve very low carbon outcomes. Australia could save over 20MtCO2 per year with life cycle design. That’s 740 billion ballons full of of CO2 gas we can prevent!
What is RapidLCA?
RapidLCA gathers your design inputs and estimates the life cycle environmental and cost impacts. The app streamlines Life Cycle Assessment, an otherwise very complex process bringing life cycle design to everybody.
- Environmental and cost optimisation
- Whole building, whole of life
- Aligned with international standards
- Fast and cost effective
Scope of Assessment
The below system boundary defines the scope of the RapidLCA assessment.
There is more information about the app in the Why RapidLCA support post.
How does it work?
Built for you, the app gives incredibly accurate environmental performance feedback on your design in just 20 minutes. It’s accessed on any browser or downloaded as an app on IOS or Android smart phones. The app itself will guide you through the process of your LCA (see below for how the app is accessed across web, Android and Apple Devices). Here is a summary video that explains the process briefly.
City of Vincent Targets
City of Vincent environmental improvement targets for residential buildings are:
- 50% Reduction in Life Cycle Global Warming Potential
- 50% Reduction in Life Cycle Net Fresh Water Use
Reporting for City of Vincent
For your City of Vincent submission, you’ll only need to generate and send the Compliance Checklist Report through to the planning team.
Accessing the App
Click the link below to open RapidLCA and start modelling.